CyFy: The India Conference on Cyber Security and Internet Governance is a global platform which brings policy makers, experts and researchers from all over the world to discuss digital policy solutions. Under the theme “Digital Asia: Scripting the New Governance Order”, the conference held from September 28-30, 2016 in New Delhi had sessions on Digital Economy, International Engagement, Cyber Security, Access & Inclusion, and Capacity Building.
The conference highlighted the role of technology in global cyber regimes. The role of non-state actors in the cyber was also examined. Mr. Syed Munir Khasru, Chairman of IPAG spoke at the session “Countering Violent Extremism in Cyberspace”.
The other participants included (from left):
- Shaarik Zafar, Special Representative to Muslim Communities, U.S. Department of State
- Richard Allan, Vice President, Public Policy – Europe, Middle East & Africa, Facebook
- David Martinon, Ambassador for Cyber Diplomacy and the Digital Economy, France
- Maya Mirchandani, Foreign Affairs Editor, NDTV
- Abdul-Hakeem Ajijola, Founding Member, Organisation of Islamic Cooperation-CERT