The Global Solutions Summit – the World Policy Forum – is an international conference aimed at addressing key policy challenges facing the Group of Twenty (G20) and other global governance fora. The summit took place on May 27-28, 2021 in Berlin with 64 sessions, 218 speakers and over 6,000 registered participants. Professor Syed Munir Khasru spoke on “Preventing Inequalities in the Digital Age” as one of the panelists in the session of T20 TF 4 – Digital Transformation.
Given the importance of digital technology in today’s world, and to tap its potential to foster development and progress, we must remove obstacles to the benefits of digitalization and prevent inequalities arising from it. This session addressed different digital divides and policies to narrow them.
- Maria Chiara Carrozza, Lead Co-Chair T20 TF 4 – Digital Transformation; Professor of Industrial Bioengineering, BioRobotics Institute of Scuola Superiore, Sant’Anna
- Sabina Dewan, President and Executive Director, JustJobs Network
- Harald Kayser, Chairman, PwC Europe
- Syed Munir Khasru, Co-Chair T20 TF 4 – Digital Transformation; Chairman, The Institute for Policy Advocacy and Governance
- Stefanie Söhnchen, Vice President Digital Strategy, FleishmanHillard Germany